Jess Glynne to play Newmarket Nights gig
- Credit: PA
Pop superstar Jess Glynne has announced that she will be returning to Newmarket Nights this August.
After months of postponements and cancellations due to Covid restrictions, The Jockey Club is finalising a season of outdoor concerts - with Jess Glynne as the latest attraction on the all-star line-up.
Jess is the only British female ever to achieve seven Number 1 UK singles and will be taking to the stage at the Newmarket racecourse on August 6.
Sophie Able, general manager, Newmarket Racecourse, said: “We have been working tirelessly behind-the-scenes since the announcement of the government’s roadmap to secure a fantastic summer of live music.
"We can’t wait to welcome music fans back to Newmarket for incredible racing, plus the joy that live music brings - something we’ve all missed over the past year.
You may also want to watch:
“With the addition of Jess Glynne, our season features beloved household names to chart-topping talent, making sure there is an evening for all and continuing Newmarket Night’s legacy as an unmissable event in the summer calendar.”
The annual events are renowned for combining a fun-filled evening at the races, with a spectacular evening concert in the informal and relaxed open-air setting of the hallowed turf.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Public services hub and leisure centre, costing up to £132m, to happen in phases
- 3 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 4 Man found guilty of importing child-like sex doll from Hong Kong
- 5 8 things to do in Suffolk this weekend despite the weather
- 6 Teenager arrested in connection with Bury St Edmunds stabbing
- 7 Heart-warming donation left in memory of baby boy Noah
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 Drop In charity reveal six guests have died since lockdown started
Newmarket Nights won the ‘Best Event for Groups’ at the prestigious 2018 Group Leisure & Travel Awards.
Glynne said: “I had a wicked time headlining Newmarket Nights in 2017, looking forward to coming back. August will be all the more special after the last year we have all had!”
Jess Glynne’s debut album I Cry When I Laugh debuted at number one, spawning 12million worldwide singles sales, 39 weeks in the UK top 10 and 2.5billion Spotify streams.
Tickets will be on sale at 10am on Friday, May 21 via the Jockey Club’s website.
A pre-sale is available to customers at 10am on Wednesday, May 19.
Tickets start at £32.48, inclusive of booking fee.
Also playing at Newmarket Nights in 2021 are Tom Jones on July 23, Olly Murs on July 30, Rick Astley on August 13 and McFly on August 28.