Ipswich-born Amazon chart-topper to play first Suffolk gig
- Credit: Mart's Arts Photography
An Ipswich-born singer who has teamed up with a new band will bring a mix of country, bluegrass, rock and Americana to a gig at the Hunter Club in Bury St Edmunds next spring.
Formerly a solo singer, James White has previously been recognised by the Glastonbury Festival as an emerging talent.
In 2020, he started a new band in Saffron Walden - James White and the Wild Fire.
Despite being unmanaged and unsigned, the band's debut album Making Tracks reached number one in both the folk and country album charts on Amazon.
After what has been a difficult time for those in the music industry, James is excited to be performing with his band.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I am originally from Suffolk and was born in Ipswich, where all my family still live. This will be the first show with my new band in my home county."
James White and the Wild Fire will perform at the Hunter Club in Bury St Edmunds in spring 2022, originally their gig was scheduled for this Friday, August 13, 2021.
- 1 County lines drug dealer jailed for six years
- 2 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 5 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Suffolk man jailed after threatening to kill partner during row
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 10 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns