When is World Gin Day 2021?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
World Gin Day is fast approaching so whether you enjoy a classic drink with ice and a slice or one of the growing variety of flavoured gin varieties here's everything you need to know.
What is World Gin Day?
The event looks to celebrate all things gin and help bars and brands to engage with gin lovers.
World Gin Day began back in 2009 and takes place every second Saturday in June.
When is this year's event?
You may also want to watch:
This year's event will be held on June 12.
What is done to mark World Gin Day?
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Public services hub and leisure centre, costing up to £132m, to happen in phases
- 3 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 4 Man found guilty of importing child-like sex doll from Hong Kong
- 5 8 things to do in Suffolk this weekend despite the weather
- 6 Teenager arrested in connection with Bury St Edmunds stabbing
- 7 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Heart-warming donation left in memory of baby boy Noah
- 9 Drop In charity reveal six guests have died since lockdown started
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
Celebrations are being held around the world to mark the event including the UK's largest virtual G & T where special craft gins will be showcased.
Does Suffolk have its own gin brands?
Suffolk is home to a number of popular gin brands from Southwold based Adnams Copper House to Fishers Gin which is made in Aldeburgh and the range offered by the House of Suffolk Distillery at Bacton and more.
Check out our comprehensive guide of East Anglian gins for more local gin makers.