7 new restaurants that have opened across Suffolk so far in 2022
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Despite the rising cost of living, Suffolk's restaurant industry continues to thrive.
With a number of new establishments opening across the county in 2022, there's never a shortage of exciting dishes to sink your teeth into.
Here are seven new food spots have opened in seven Suffolk towns in the first half of the year.
The Botanist, Ipswich
Perhaps the most anticipated restaurant and bar to open in Ipswich in quite some time, The Botanist is already proving a hit in the town.
The menu is packed full of favourites from cheeseburgers to fish and chips and those who aren't driving have to treat themselves to a cocktail (or two) to wash the food down.
Rustico, Bury St Edmunds
Bury St Edmunds is well known for its many restaurants and the opening of Rustico added another tasty choice to the west Suffolk town's offering.
Since opening, it has proved a big hit in the town, with diners flocking to the restaurant for an authentic taste of Italy.
The Woodyard, Woodbridge
The latest restaurant to open on the banks of the iconic River Deben, The Woodyard is a Neapolitan pizza, cocktail and wine joint.
It's the newest venture from Charles and Eilir Rogers, who also run the award-winning Grundisburgh Dog pub and Grundisburgh Dog Deli in the nearby village.
- 1 Driver who altered date on expired Blue Badge ordered to pay out £3,500
- 2 Review: Trying the food at Suffolk restaurant named best Mexican in country
- 3 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 4 Severe delays on A14 in west Suffolk as broken down lorry blocks lane
- 5 Mobile library services suspended during heatwave
- 6 Four arrested after cannabis and £20,000 in cash seized in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 8 £2m Extended Reality lab to offer cutting-edge learning to Suffolk students
- 9 'Experience of a lifetime' for sixth form students in Thailand
- 10 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
Duck & Teapot, Needham Market
It has become an ideal place to unwind and enjoy a light bite in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The Kitchen, Felixstowe
The Kitchen is the new £1.5million cafe on the Felixstowe South Seafront and is immediately noticeable thanks to its striking architecture.
It's opening follows a two-year construction process and is the latest development in a series of upgrades taking places throughout the coastal town.
Pizzeria Locale, Saxmundham
If you live in and around Saxmundham, you're in for a treat with Pizzeria Locale.
Serving 12-inch Neapolitan-style pizza made with 24 hour slow fermented dough, this restaurant is a must visit for anyone craving some doughy goodness.
East Point Pavilion, Lowestoft
Instead of being just one restaurant, East Point Pavilion in Lowestoft is actually home to a number of eateries including Black Dog Pizza, Oishii Kitchen, Tres Hermanas and several more.
It opened in June and provides Lowestoft with a fresh and exciting boost to the local food scene, with locals now being spoilt for choice when it comes to filling their bellies.