Dame Judi Dench heading to Suffolk theatre this May
- Credit: PA
One of Britain's acting greats is coming to a Suffolk theatre in May.
Dame Judi Dench will be appearing at the Bury St Edmunds Theatre Royal on Sunday, May 29 for an afternoon of conversation.
The Q & A session will give audience members the chance to hear about the actor's 60 year career, with highlights such as her roles in the Bond franchise and in her Oscar-winning part in Shakespeare In Love.
Dame Judi said: "How lovely to be returning to Bury St Edmunds after such a long time.
"Its historic auditorium is a magical place and its rich heritage must be preserved for generations to come."
Priority tickets will be available from Monday, March 28.
The award-winning actor was born in York in 1934 and made her professional debut with the Old Vic Company in London in 1957.
- 1 Nine new homes set to be built on former employment site
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 4 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 5 How much do you know about Suffolk? Take our big quiz to find out
- 6 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 7 Road partially blocked after crash between lorry and car
- 8 Jury retires in Bury 'vigilante' murder trial
- 9 School serving area with hundreds of new homes set to expand
- 10 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
After establishing her talents in theatre productions, she went on to become a leading star in British film and has gained eight Oscar nominations during her illustrious career.