WATCH! Horror crash leaves Witches ace with broken ribs and out for weeks
- Credit: Steve Waller-www.stephenwaller.com
Ipswich Witches No.1 Jason Crump has been ruled out for at least two to three weeks with several broken ribs.
Crump crashed heavily at Wolverhampton on Monday night in a frightening heat 13 crash.
Leading the race, Crump clipped the inside kerb and flew into the air. He landed awkwardly and, although he got back to his feet quickly, he was clearly in pain.
He was diagnosed with broken ribs and will miss the Witches next three clashes. The Witches lost 28-62.
On Thursday, Scott Nicholls will guest for Crump as the Witches entertain King's Lynn.
Crump, 45, has returned to British Speedway and was in fine form at Foxhall last Thursday, where he top-scored in the win over Sheffield.
He was also the only Ipswich rider to win a heat at Wolverhampton before his big crash.
Crump is set to miss the Witches trip to Belle Vue on Monday and Thursday week's clash with Peterborough.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Public services hub and leisure centre, costing up to £132m, to happen in phases
- 3 Man found guilty of importing child-like sex doll from Hong Kong
- 4 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 5 8 things to do in Suffolk this weekend despite the weather
- 6 Teenager arrested in connection with Bury St Edmunds stabbing
- 7 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Heart-warming donation left in memory of baby boy Noah
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates rising but 'little or no increase' in hospital admissions
- 10 Lloyds announces closure of Suffolk branch leaving town with just one bank