Joy for golf and tennis fans as their sports look set for return next month
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Golf and tennis fans will be delighted to hear that their sports could be among the first to return after lockdown - as early as next month.
Prime Minster Boris Johnson is set to unveil his 'roadmap' of a slow release of lockdown measures next week, and bringing back the 'rule of six' for outdoor gatherings could enable golf and tennis to return.
The rules would likely allow for the resumption of outdoor individual sports and those where competitors do not come into close contact with each other.
A new report in the Sunday Times stated this week that two-ball golf will return in England in late March.
Golf and tennis have both been banned during the lockdown but could be among the first to resume.
English golf courses have been in full lockdown since early January, while golf courses in Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland since December. Golf is currently permitted in Scotland, but only under restrictions.
- 1 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 2 Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- 3 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 4 London man, 29, charged with drug offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Police hunt for man who failed to attend court
- 6 Thieves steal mobility scooter from elderly man in his 90s
- 7 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls
- 8 1 in 3 have now had both Covid vaccine doses in Suffolk
- 9 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
- 10 Heavy rain expected in Suffolk over the weekend