Ipswich Witches ace takes break due to mental health issues
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches rider Craig Cook is taking a break from racing to focus on his mental health.
Promoter Chris Louis says the club are fully supportive of Cook and explained how his absence will be covered at Sheffield this evening.
“Craig is currently struggling with his mental health that has plagued his career and needs to take some time out,” said Louis. “We have been granted a facility for this evening’s meeting and will be using Chris Harris as a guest.
“Craig's return to racing will be reviewed by the SCB and we fully understand his situation, wish him all the very best and hope to have him back in the team soon.”
Everyone at the club wishes Craig well and will be supporting him through this period.
Cook, a former British champion has had issues with mental health before, but has done well for the Suffolk side since he was signed earlier this season when the Witches re-jigged their team line-up.
Tonight Ipswich race at Sheffield in a Premiership fixture.
- 1 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 2 Historic pub in idyllic village set to go under the hammer at auction
- 3 Jury retires in Bury 'vigilante' murder trial
- 4 People in Suffolk encouraged to use 'Quiet Lanes' as scheme grows
- 5 Council to spend £2.6m on preparing for electric vehicles
- 6 Cobwebs spotted covering entire trees across Suffolk
- 7 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 8 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 9 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
SHEFFIELD: 1. Jack Holder 8.08 2. Troy Batchelor 7.39 3. Kyle Howarth 6.39 © 4. Josh Pickering 4.98 5. Adam Ellis 7.25 6. Danyon Hume (RS) 7. Stefan Nielsen 3.00. Team Manager: Simon Stead
IPSWICH: 1. Jason Crump 8.00 2. Anders Rowe 5.38 3. Jake Allen 5.15 4. Chris Harris (g) 7.56 5. Danny King 7.10 © 6. Paul Starke 4.82 7. Drew Kemp (RS). Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins