Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for thunderstorms with a possibility of flooding in Suffolk this week.
The Met Office has issued the weather warning for Suffolk, with storms expected to hit the area late on Wednesday (June 16) and run through until Friday, June 18.
The weather forecasters said that "not all locations" will be affected but that some intense thunderstorms may occur - with the potential for travel disruption.
The weather warning added: "There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater.
"Torrential rain, hail, frequent lightning and strong gusty winds are possible.
You may also want to watch:
"Rainfall totals of around 30mm could fall in an hour, with some locations potentially receiving around 50mm in two to three hours, although these will be fairly isolated."
- 1 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 2 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Corrie McKeague: Dad speaks of 'horrendous' past five years
- 7 Go-ahead for all-weather pitch and classrooms at village school
- 8 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 9 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week