Pictures: Deluge of rain leads to floods - with snow on the way
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Floods are continuing to hamper several communities across Suffolk after a deluge of rain - with warnings in place that snow could soon be on its way.
There are flood alerts — indicating flooding is possible and people should be prepared — for 11 parts of the region:
- Little Ouse River and River Thet in Suffolk and Norfolk
- River Granta in Essex and Cambridgeshire
- River Lark in Suffolk
- River Wissey in Norfolk
- The Rattlesden River and River Gipping, through and including Stowmarket and Needham Market
- The River Colne from Great Yeldham to Colchester
- The Rivers Deben and Lark
- The Rivers Pant, Blackwater and Brain
- The River Stour from Sudbury to Stratford St Mary and Dedham
- The River Waveney from Diss and the River Dove to Ellingham, including Bungay
- The upper River Chelmer
However, more serious flood warnings for the area have now been removed.
Needham Lake has risen after the heavy rainfall and grassy areas next to the lake have been completely swamped.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Yates filmed the River Gipping in Great Blakenham overflowing, while in Claydon fields by Chapel Lane are completely underwater from the same river.
Send us your pictures and videos of the floods by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- 2 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 3 Construction starts on project to build 330 homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 5 'Get down and have a drink' - Suffolk pub landlady wants support to continue
- 6 WATCH: Drone footage of crane towering above Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Joy for first-time buyers as 5% deposit mortgages return
- 9 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 10 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'