Sunny weekend and highs of 24C predicted in Suffolk
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Suffolk and Essex are set to bask in the sunshine over the weekend - but forecasters have said it is too early to tell if there will be a late August heatwave.
Temperatures could hit highs of 24C on both Saturday and Sunday in the region, with a likely chance of rain throughout Monday.
Conditions will then get warmer towards the end of the week, as forecasters predict highs of 22C next Friday.
Fred Best, meteorologist at East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest, said a heatwave towards the end of the month was possible but dependent on a number of factors.
He said: "The next couple of days will be warm until Sunday. It's set to cool off into next week.
"There are some hints that temperatures towards the end of the week could rise a little bit more.
"A heatwave is one of a few potential scenarios, but there's a lot of uncertainty. It's a bit too far out to tell."
- 1 Driver fails to stop at crash as cyclist left with broken elbow in Bury
- 2 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 3 New project will provide thousands of homes across Suffolk
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 'Hold his hands up and apologise' — Suffolk MPs on Christmas party video
- 8 Woman highlights 'price tag' of cancer diagnosis
- 9 Husband and wife brewing team 'amazed' to win their first beer award
- 10 Man who downloaded indecent child images breached suspended jail sentence