Weather forecast for August bank holiday weekend in Suffolk
- Credit: PA
Warm weather is expected for Suffolk over the bank holiday weekend - but forecasters say there will be no heatwave.
The region will stay mostly dry over the three-day break, with many people planning days out for the weekend.
A spokesman for East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest said: "Saturday and Sunday, there will be highs of around 20C with dry conditions and a bit of sunshine."
However, the spokesman also said there is no chance of a heatwave - with temperatures set to remain cool into next week.
"Temperatures for the following week might at best get to 22C, which is nowhere close to where it needs to be to be classed as a heatwave," he said.
"For us in the east, we are going to be at least 7C to 8C below.
"It will be pretty dry next week with a little bit of drizzle here and there, but no real quantity of rainfall.
"Chances are, with this dry weather, we are likely to be quite a way below the average for rainfall in August."
- 1 Driver fails to stop at crash as cyclist left with broken elbow in Bury
- 2 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 New project will provide thousands of homes across Suffolk
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 'Hold his hands up and apologise' — Suffolk MPs on Christmas party video
- 8 Don't take ministers' advice - you should decide what is safe for yourself
- 9 Woman highlights 'price tag' of cancer diagnosis
- 10 Decision deferred on plans for 44 homes in Suffolk village