Snowy start forecast for Easter Monday
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Brighter weather expected for Easter Sunday before snow forecast for bank holiday Monday.
Today will be similar to yesterday with cloud and a north-easterly wind, but heading into tomorrow there will be sunshine and possibly highs of 14/15C.
This will all change overnight when snow showers are set to arrive in Suffolk at about 6/7am, said Dan Holley, a forecaster with Weatherquest.
He said there would be a lot of hail in the snow showers too, which would make for difficult driving conditions.
The day-time temperature on Monday will be around 6/7C in the sun, but with the wind chill it will feel closer to freezing.
You may also want to watch:
The wintry showers are also set to continue into Tuesday.
Mr Holley said: "I'm actually quite optimistic Sunday afternoon will be quite nice, with quite a bit of sunshine."
- 1 Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- 2 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 3 Police hunt for man who failed to attend court
- 4 London man, 29, charged with drug offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls
- 6 Thieves steal mobility scooter from elderly man in his 90s
- 7 1 in 3 have now had both Covid vaccine doses in Suffolk
- 8 Bid for solar panels on extension of 500-year-old thatched cottage rejected
- 9 Heavy rain expected in Suffolk over the weekend
- 10 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend