Two lanes of A14 blocked after three-car crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Two lanes of the A14 near Newmarket were blocked this morning after a three-car crash on the eastbound carriageway.
Police, fire crews and the ambulance service were called to a crash near junction 38 shortly before 10am today.
Fire crews from the Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Burwell stations were called to the scene.
A fire service spokesman confirmed three cars were involved in the collision, with one crashing into the central reservation.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said lanes two and three of the road were blocked while the vehicles are being recovered.
The AA traffic map suggested the road had cleared by 12pm.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.
- 1 Driver fails to stop at crash as cyclist left with broken elbow in Bury
- 2 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 3 New project will provide thousands of homes across Suffolk
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Woman highlights 'price tag' of cancer diagnosis
- 8 'Hold his hands up and apologise' — Suffolk MPs on Christmas party video
- 9 Don't take ministers' advice - you should decide what is safe for yourself
- 10 Man who downloaded indecent child images breached suspended jail sentence