Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A road near the A14 is currently closed after a "serious" two-vehicle crash at Elmswell.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the crash on the A1088 which leads to the A14 just before 11.45am today, Wednesday, January 19.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said: "The road is currently closed as emergency services attend to the incident.
"Ambulance crew, the fire service and a volunteer paramedic from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) are also in attendance."
A spokesman for the fire service confirmed that two vehicles were involved and four appliances are currently in attendance.
The extent of any injuries is not yet known but the East of England Ambulance Service has been approached for a comment.
Anyone with any information is being asked to contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team, quoting reference: CAD 102 of today, January 19.
- 1 Nine new homes set to be built on former employment site
- 2 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 5 How much do you know about Suffolk? Take our big quiz to find out
- 6 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 7 Road partially blocked after crash between lorry and car
- 8 Jury retires in Bury 'vigilante' murder trial
- 9 School serving area with hundreds of new homes set to expand
- 10 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.