A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- Credit: Google Maps
Part of the A14 near Bury St Edmunds is closed after a crash between a lorry and a car.
Police, fire and ambulance crews are currently on the scene of the crash, which has closed the westbound carriageway.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: "Officers are currently at the scene of a crash involving a lorry and a car.
"The westbound carriageway is currently closed and fire and ambulance crews are also on the scene."
The carriageway is closed between junction 45, the Black Thorpe turn off and junction 44 at Bury St Edmunds while emergency services attend the crash.
Four fire engines from Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Elmswell stations have been sent to assist at the scene.
The extent of any injuries is not yet known.
- 1 Driver who altered date on expired Blue Badge ordered to pay out £3,500
- 2 Review: Trying the food at Suffolk restaurant named best Mexican in country
- 3 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 4 Mobile library services suspended during heatwave
- 5 Severe delays on A14 in west Suffolk as broken down lorry blocks lane
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Four arrested after cannabis and £20,000 in cash seized in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Thefts 'absolute priority' for Suffolk police after damning national report
- 9 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Diesel, tools and pressure washers stolen from west Suffolk business
The East of England Ambulance Service has been approached for a comment.