Test your knowledge of Bury St Edmunds’ heritage with these 11 questions
How much do you know about the town where you live or work?
You’ll probably pick up bits of information about its history from friends, neighbours and relatives, as well as through visiting new places or just stumbling across facts on the internet.
In the second of our series testing your knowledge of Suffolk towns, we’re focusing on Bury St Edmunds.
Its transport infrastructure, significant historical events and famous former residents are included amongst the questions’ subjects.
But it won’t be an easy ride – most of the questions are a bit harder than simply ‘Who is the town named after’.
You may also want to watch:
In fact, St Edmund doesn’t feature at all – so you’ll need a broader knowledge than just titbits about England’s former patron saint.
Have a go at answering our questions then share the quiz with your friends and family to see who can get the best score.
You can also try out first historical quiz, on Suffolk’s county town Ipswich, here.
- 1 Construction starts on project to build 330 homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 3 Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- 4 Joy for first-time buyers as 5% deposit mortgages return
- 5 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 6 'Get down and have a drink' - Suffolk pub landlady wants support to continue
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 WATCH: Drone footage of crane towering above Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 10 Boss endures hailstorms and high winds as he cycles in memory of his mother