WATCH: Hilarious footage of mascot derby race at the Suffolk Show - but how did Tractor Boy fare?
- Credit: Archant
The mascot derby: It is one of the many highlights of the Suffolk Show - and the winning title is hotly contested. See how our mascot, Tractor Boy, got on.
When the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star mascot took to the President’s Ring today there was a look of fierce determination in his eyes.
A huge crowd formed around the perimeter, all cheering for their favourite, with the event including the likes of Pudsey Bear for the BBC, Woody Bear from Pleasurewood Hills and a giant bottle of Adnams’ Ghost Ship.
There is not a year that has gone by where he hasn’t suffered a tumble on the course - and sadly this year proved no different.
Tractor Boy’s toughest competitor proved to be a pretty nimble carrot, who stormed ahead of the other mascots.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the race, Tractor Boy said: “It’s tougher than it looks. Those hay bales got the better of me.
“There was no chance I could keep up with that carrot - have you seen the size of my head?”
- 1 Construction starts on project to build 330 homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 3 Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- 4 Joy for first-time buyers as 5% deposit mortgages return
- 5 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 6 'Get down and have a drink' - Suffolk pub landlady wants support to continue
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 9 WATCH: Drone footage of crane towering above Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Suffolk pharmacies to offer Covid-19 testing ahead of centre closures
Watch our video to discover the final result.