Readers capture stunning 'pink moon' over Suffolk
- Credit: Jeff Welch
This week photographers across the county will be trying to get the perfect photograph of the pink supermoon as it lights up the sky.
In the early hours of this morning Jeff Welch captured some stunning shots of the 'pink moon' above the Port of Felixstowe looking as though it was glowing.
More of our readers have been sending in their impressive pictures of the supermoon which were taken in Ipswich, Washbrook, and Woodbridge.
Photographers will be happy to know the 'pink moon' will be visible again tonight.
The optimal time to see the moon is just before sunset which is expected to be at around 8.15pm, it will be visible until it sets in the west on Wednesday morning.
You may also want to watch:
It is known as the 'pink moon' because of the pink flowers known as phlox, that bloom in the spring.
Please send any pictures you have taken of the supermoon to email@example.com.
- 1 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 2 Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- 3 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 4 London man, 29, charged with drug offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Police hunt for man who failed to attend court
- 6 Thieves steal mobility scooter from elderly man in his 90s
- 7 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls
- 8 1 in 3 have now had both Covid vaccine doses in Suffolk
- 9 Heavy rain expected in Suffolk over the weekend
- 10 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend