Cash challenge for businesses in aid of hospice
- Credit: ST NICHOLAS HOSPICE CARE
Businesses have been challenged to put their money-making skills to the test in aid of Suffolk’s St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The Accumulator Challenge will see 45 firms aim to make as much return from a £50 stake within three months.
All the money will go to the Bury St Edmunds-based hospice, which supports people living with dying, death and grief in the west Suffolk and Thetford area.
Rachel Card of St Nicholas Hospice Care said: "I am so pleased that so many businesses have decided to support the hospice through the Accumulator Challenge this year.
"Their money making adventures have already got off to a flying start with quiz nights, a cheese and wine event, a sponsored car wash and a cake stall, already planned for this summer.
You may also want to watch:
"Over the last ten years the challenge has raised £360,000 for the hospice. The money raised makes a huge difference to us; it helps us continue to care for those across the community who really need our support."
Although the challenge is now underway anyone wishing to take part can still join in.
For more details contact Rachel at the hospice.
- 1 Couple sentenced for Boxing Day melee in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Three teenagers arrested after suspected shoplifting in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Van driver throws drugs out of window before arrest
- 4 Met Office issues yellow weather warning for strong winds across Suffolk
- 5 Three arrested following vehicle theft and shop offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Rise in the number of people admitted to Suffolk hospitals with Covid-19
- 7 Talking points: Why the Witches simply must win tonight
- 8 West Suffolk Hospital chief to step down ahead of 'witch-hunt' report
- 9 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock