Cash challenge for businesses in aid of hospice
- Credit: ST NICHOLAS HOSPICE CARE
Businesses have been challenged to put their money-making skills to the test in aid of Suffolk’s St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The Accumulator Challenge will see 45 firms aim to make as much return from a £50 stake within three months.
All the money will go to the Bury St Edmunds-based hospice, which supports people living with dying, death and grief in the west Suffolk and Thetford area.
Rachel Card of St Nicholas Hospice Care said: "I am so pleased that so many businesses have decided to support the hospice through the Accumulator Challenge this year.
"Their money making adventures have already got off to a flying start with quiz nights, a cheese and wine event, a sponsored car wash and a cake stall, already planned for this summer.
You may also want to watch:
"Over the last ten years the challenge has raised £360,000 for the hospice. The money raised makes a huge difference to us; it helps us continue to care for those across the community who really need our support."
Although the challenge is now underway anyone wishing to take part can still join in.
For more details contact Rachel at the hospice.
- 1 Construction starts on project to build 330 homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Joy for first-time buyers as 5% deposit mortgages return
- 3 Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Boss endures hailstorms and high winds as he cycles in memory of his mother
- 6 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 9 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 10 WATCH: Drone footage of crane towering above Bury St Edmunds