Cash challenge for businesses in aid of hospice
- Credit: ST NICHOLAS HOSPICE CARE
Businesses have been challenged to put their money-making skills to the test in aid of Suffolk’s St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The Accumulator Challenge will see 45 firms aim to make as much return from a £50 stake within three months.
All the money will go to the Bury St Edmunds-based hospice, which supports people living with dying, death and grief in the west Suffolk and Thetford area.
Rachel Card of St Nicholas Hospice Care said: "I am so pleased that so many businesses have decided to support the hospice through the Accumulator Challenge this year.
"Their money making adventures have already got off to a flying start with quiz nights, a cheese and wine event, a sponsored car wash and a cake stall, already planned for this summer.
You may also want to watch:
"Over the last ten years the challenge has raised £360,000 for the hospice. The money raised makes a huge difference to us; it helps us continue to care for those across the community who really need our support."
Although the challenge is now underway anyone wishing to take part can still join in.
For more details contact Rachel at the hospice.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 3 85% of West Suffolk Hospital staff vaccinated in battle to meet demand on health service
- 4 9 of Suffolk’s most famous blue plaques and where to find them
- 5 Singer-songwriter wants to 'make similar impact to Ed Sheeran'
- 6 Suffolk and Essex on standby for snow
- 7 Did you play hockey? Here are 11 'teams of yesteryear'..... Are you or your club featured?
- 8 Joy for care home residents and staff at receiving Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Covid-19 cases continue to fall across region, latest statistics show