Art dealer's generous gift to SARS heroes
- Credit: Moyse's Hall Museum
Medical emergency charity "heroes" have been gifted limited edition art prints to thank them for "risking their lives every day".
Art dealer John Brandler, from Brentwood-based Brandler Galleries, has donated 35 prints of 'PPE Angel' by rising artist Rachel List to staff and clinicians with SARS (Suffolk Accident Rescue Service).
She came to prominence for PPE Angel - also known as NHS Angel - and three original examples of this piece are on display at the Moments art show at Moyse's Hall Museum in Bury St Edmunds.
He wanted to thank SARS for their work over the past 18 months, and particularly during the pandemic.
He said: "I specifically wanted to thank the individuals who are risking their lives every day by giving them something of lasting value.
You may also want to watch:
"Rachel List is a very popular and rising star in the street art movement, and consequently these limited edition prints will significantly increase in value over time."
Moyse's Hall Museum said they were "very grateful" to Mr Brandler "for a wonderfully kind gesture".
- 1 Hospital fined for how it treated the family of a woman who died during childbirth
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Bag of grass seed sells for £1,000 at auction
- 4 Jools Holland, Halloween and Queen: 7 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 5 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 6 A14 roundabout set to fully reopen at end of week after flooding
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 9 Investigation into cause of sugar factory fire launched
- 10 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
Gina Saunders of SARS added: "It’s been a really challenging 18 months, so when John reached out to Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) to donate the NHS Angel posters to our volunteer clinicians as a way of thanks we were really touched.
"Our SARS volunteers have continued to give up their spare time to provide emergency medical care across Suffolk, alongside busy day jobs working for the NHS and East of England Ambulance Service - they are all unsung heroes.
Mr Brandler has also gifted 50 PPE Angel limited edition prints to local frontline hospital workers.
Moments also features work by Banksy, Damien Hirst and other contemporary artists.
To book tickets for the Moments exhibition, which has now been seen by over 20,000 visitors, see here.