A flower bed to make you smile
- Credit: Jo Sweetman
A smile-shaped flower bed is brightening up the street scene in Bury St Edmunds.
David Irvine, coordinator of Bury in Bloom, said after the Abbey Gardens the planting bed that attracts nearly all the compliments is ‘The Smile’ on the junction of St Andrew's Street South and Parkway.
"Take a look and tell me if it doesn't make you smile, I might not believe you!," he said.
He added: "This glorious bed is even smile-shaped and organised and maintained by two of our sponsors CCG Gardeners and Woolpit Nurseries. It is a wonderful demonstration of year-round colour and how it can be achieved."
Bury in Bloom is now pulling its plans together for 2021 around the theme of rainwater harvesting with "lots of new and exciting environmental and community projects".
You may also want to watch:
"While we still have some details to sort out, one new (still secret) bigger project being pulled together with the support of Our Bury St Edmunds and West Suffolk Council will have a real ‘wow’ factor and we know you will just love it! Watch this space," said Mr Irvine.
Bury in Bloom is an award-winning horticultural group responsible for many floral displays in the town.
- 1 Business expanding post lockdown
- 2 Police admit failings over death of ‘bubbly’ woman who reported being poisoned
- 3 Review: Zen Noodle Bar, Bury St Edmunds - 'A cut above the usual takeaway fare'
- 4 'Lonely, isolated and overwhelmed' - the reality of being a new mum in a pandemic
- 5 Calls for patience as over 40s struggle to book vaccines
- 6 Police on hunt for man who failed to appear in court
- 7 Coronavirus cases rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Free heat-at-home meals offered to 100 isolated diners
- 9 Bid for solar panels on extension of 500-year-old thatched cottage rejected
- 10 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls