Ed sends super-fan Teigan a ‘perfect’ surprise
- Credit: CONTRIBUTED
Ed Sheeran has lent his support to a Suffolk charity after being inspired by the girl behind it.
The parents of eight-year-old Teigan Bayliss, from Stanningfield, have thanked the singer for donating £500 of memorabilia for them to auction off for their charity - TeiganSmile.
But that’s not the only surprise Framlingham’s Ed had in store. He also sent Teigan, who has Cerebral Palsy, a signed album and T-shirt.
Sheeran, who has gained a reputation for popping up at weddings and events as a surprise, also hinted he would like to meet Teigan one day soon.
Teigan and her younger sister Tracey are both massive Ed Sheeran fans and love his chart-topping single Perfect.
You may also want to watch:
Dad Tony said Teigan was very excited to receive her surprise from Ed.
Alongside his wife Rebecca, Tony has been planning a festival called TeigyFest 2019, which will raise money for TeiganSmile.
- 1 Construction starts on project to build 330 homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 3 Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- 4 Joy for first-time buyers as 5% deposit mortgages return
- 5 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 6 'Get down and have a drink' - Suffolk pub landlady wants support to continue
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 WATCH: Drone footage of crane towering above Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 10 Suffolk pharmacies to offer Covid-19 testing ahead of centre closures
The festival will take place on Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26 at the Suffolk Academy in Barrow near Bury St Edmunds.
Teigan was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy after she contracted meningitis from neonatal herpes - part of the cold sore virus - which she contracted from a kiss as a newborn baby.