Suffolk school wins national music video competition
- Credit: SET Ixworth
Pupils at SET Ixworth School have won a national competition after creating their own music video - in French.
The competition was run by French culture and language school, Institut Français.
In just one month, 25 Year 9 students created ‘Au Revoir Confinement’ as an ode to the end of lockdown and online lessons.
One of the singers, Fleur, said: “I found it amazing being able to work with some very talented people I would have never worked with after so many months of online learning."
Classmate Theo said: “When our French teacher asked for volunteers, I jumped at the chance, even though French isn't my favourite subject!"
You may also want to watch:
Head of Languages Louise Ramsey said: “With creative and musical collaborative projects so difficult due to Covid restrictions in schools this year, this seemed an excellent opportunity for students to work together and showcase their talents to a national audience."
- 1 Couple sentenced for Boxing Day melee in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Three teenagers arrested after suspected shoplifting in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Van driver throws drugs out of window before arrest
- 4 Met Office issues yellow weather warning for strong winds across Suffolk
- 5 Three arrested following vehicle theft and shop offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Rise in the number of people admitted to Suffolk hospitals with Covid-19
- 7 Talking points: Why the Witches simply must win tonight
- 8 West Suffolk Hospital chief to step down ahead of 'witch-hunt' report
- 9 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock