One year on: Your pictures from Ed Sheeran’s Chantry Park gigs
- Credit: MARIE COLLINS, MATT JOSLIN, HEATHER GLASSON AND LOUISE HAMILTON
It has nearly been a year since Ed Sheeran wowed fans on his home turf in Chantry Park to finish off his worldwide tour so here are some of our favourite reader photos to remember the weekend.
Thousands of fans descended on Chantry Park in Ipswich over the bank holiday weekend last summer to watch the Framlingham singer perform four huge homecoming concerts.
The ‘Ed effect’ brought 150,000 fans to Ipswich over the weekend – with hotel and pub owners celebrating after seeing their businesses boosted.
The concerts were packed with special moments and surprises, each night having its own slice of magic.
On night three Ed was joined by a special guest in the form of the hugely popular rapper Stormzy during his encore.
You may also want to watch:
The pair performed Shape of You in front of the 40,000 adoring fans and the crowd went wild.
- 1 Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- 2 Construction starts on project to build 330 homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 4 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 5 Joy for first-time buyers as 5% deposit mortgages return
- 6 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 7 'Get down and have a drink' - Suffolk pub landlady wants support to continue
- 8 WATCH: Drone footage of crane towering above Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 10 Suffolk pharmacies to offer Covid-19 testing ahead of centre closures