Plans for over 170 new homes near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Vistry Eastern
Plans to build over 170 homes near Bury St Edmunds have been submitted.
Linden Homes, part of the Vistry Group, want to deliver the extra 171 new homes at its Cavendish View site in Thurston.
The property developers have already begun construction work on the first phase of 87 properties at the development, which is located on land to the north of Norton Road.
If the new plans are approved by Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils, a further 108 properties for private sale and 63 affordable homes for rent or shared ownership will be built on a 28.5-acre site.
Jason Colmer, sales and marketing director for Linden Homes Eastern, said: “These are exciting plans for more houses on our site at Cavendish View.
You may also want to watch:
“Thurston is classed as a core village in the council’s local plan for housing due to the fact residents can access facilities to meet their daily needs without having to travel outside the village."
The private homes for sale in phase two of the development will comprise 45 two-bedroom homes, 32 three-bedroom houses, 20 four-bedroom properties and 11 five-bedroom homes.
- 1 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 2 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Corrie McKeague: Dad speaks of 'horrendous' past five years
- 7 Go-ahead for all-weather pitch and classrooms at village school
- 8 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 9 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The affordable homes will consist of 10 one-bedroom houses, 35 two-bedroom homes and 18 three-bedroom properties.