Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- Credit: Abbeycroft Leisure Centre
Newmarket Leisure Centre has closed for the weekend after a group of travellers parked up on its site.
The Exning Road centre announced the closure to customers in a statement on Facebook after caravans arrived in its car park.
Pre-booked sessions have been cancelled and customers will be contacted for a refund.
The Abbeycroft Leisure-managed centre is set to reopen on Monday.
The leisure centre said: "We will be contacting our customers over the weekend who have pre-paid activities for this weekend to rebook or provide a credit.
"We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment caused but the safety of our customers and staff remains our top priority."
- 1 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 2 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Corrie McKeague: Dad speaks of 'horrendous' past five years
- 7 Go-ahead for all-weather pitch and classrooms at village school
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week