New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- Credit: Mid Suffolk District Council
A new cafe and visitor centre is to be built at Suffolk's popular Needham Lake beauty spot - in a bid to draw even more people to the popular tourist attraction.
The site is already one of the county's best countryside attractions and home to a variety of wildlife.
The new cafe and visitor centre, built by SEH French Ltd, "will not only enhance the visitor experience but will also add to Needham Lake’s already great reputation", said Julie Flatman, Mid Suffolk District Council's cabinet member for communities, health, and wellbeing.
The new building has been designed to complement the surrounding natural environment and includes green features such as solar panels, sustainable drainage and air source heat pumps.
It will be run by the team behind the popular Cabbages and Kings café at The Mix, in Stowmarket, and offer a seasonal menu of refreshments, snacks and hot meals, as well as ice-creams and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Keith Myers, manager of Cabbages and Kings, said: "Over the summer we operated a refreshment kiosk and enjoyed getting to know many of the regular visitors.
"We are looking forward to welcoming residents and visitors to enjoy the new café facilities.”
- 1 Workspace for freelancers and ‘homeworkers’ opens in town centre
- 2 Cheers! Pubgoers brave the cold as outside hospitality returns
- 3 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 4 Air ambulance lands in Abbey Gardens after medical incident
- 5 Man jailed for endangering driver's life by damaging brake cable on van
- 6 10 empty premises hoped to be filled in Bury town centre
- 7 'Jealous' ex-boyfriend allegedly murdered mother-of-two, trial hears
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 A14 driver allegedly speeding at 110mph is arrested
- 10 Suffolk wealth management company is snapped up by investment giant