Mildenhall Fen Tigers roar to victory at Stoke Potters
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Potters 36 Mildenhall Fen Tigers 53 The Mildenhall Fen Tigers roared to another convincing away victory in front of an excellent away support at Stoke.
Although missing Danny Halsey, the Fen Tigers had too much strength for the Potters and claimed eleven race winners throughout the evening.
Leading the way was a revitalised Ryan Kinsley, who returned a massive paid 17 from his six rides, whilst Danny Ayres produced some highly charged racing, especially against Stoke No 1 Max Clegg, to return paid 16 from his six rides.
With the other Fen Tigers backing up these two and all recording at least one paid win, the Fen Tigers always held the upper hand.
Stoke did get to within five points when they secured a 5-0 in heat eleven when both Josh Bailey and Sam Bebee fell and were excluded, but the Fen Tigers then produced their trademark big finish with three 5-1’s in the final four heats to run out 53-36 victors.
You may also want to watch:
Team manager Phil Kirk said: “This was another fine performance especially considering we were missing Danny and then lost Josh for the final races.
“Thankfully Josh has reported nothing more than a little bruising and should be fine for next Sunday.
- 1 Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- 2 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 3 Construction starts on project to build 330 homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 5 'Get down and have a drink' - Suffolk pub landlady wants support to continue
- 6 WATCH: Drone footage of crane towering above Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Joy for first-time buyers as 5% deposit mortgages return
- 8 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 9 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 10 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
“The whole team is pulling their weight and everyone making valuable contributions in every meeting. Ryan was sensational tonight once again and is riding on a crest of a wave, his confidence is high and he is looking so stylish and quick.
“Danny gave, for me, his best performance of the season and closed out the meeting with two fine wins over Max Clegg in heats thirteen and fifteen.
“I am particularly impressed with how we are finishing meetings this season, we are really challenging the home side’s big guns and this is exactly what we wanted from the team.”
Max Clegg 12 (5 rides), Rob Shuttleworth 8+1 (5), Tony Atkin 7 (4), Adam Extance 4+3 (4), Joe Alcock 3+1 (4), Paul Burnett 2 (4) and Josh Embleton 0 (4).
Fen Tigers 53
Ryan Kinsley 16+1 (6 rides), Danny Ayres 15+1 (6), Drew Kemp 11+2 (7), Josh Bailey 5 (3), Sam Bebee 3+2 (4), Matt Marson 3+1 (4) and R/R Danny Halsey.