Air ambulance lands in Abbey Gardens after medical incident
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance landed in Bury St Edmunds' Abbey Gardens to deal with what was described as a medical incident.
Emergency services were called to Abbeygate Street in the town shortly before noon on Tuesday, April 12.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed that a patient had been taken to West Suffolk Hospital following an incident.
"We sent two ambulances, a rapid response car and an air ambulance to the scene," said the spokesman.
"The patient was transported to West Suffolk Hospital for further care."
A spokesman for Suffolk police said officers had been made aware.
- 1 Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- 2 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 3 Police hunt for man who failed to attend court
- 4 London man, 29, charged with drug offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls
- 6 Thieves steal mobility scooter from elderly man in his 90s
- 7 1 in 3 have now had both Covid vaccine doses in Suffolk
- 8 Bid for solar panels on extension of 500-year-old thatched cottage rejected
- 9 Heavy rain expected in Suffolk over the weekend
- 10 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend