Flat flooded due to faulty sprinkler
PUBLISHED: 10:47 05 December 2018
A faulty sprinkler caused a home to flood, with firefighters trying to divert water from the building to protect the property.
Fire crews were called to the ground floor flat in James School Place, off Risbygate Street, Bury St Edmunds at around 7.20am on December 5, following reports of a leak in the building.
One fire engine from Bury St Edmunds arrived at the scene to discover the source of the flood was a faulty sprinkler in the flat.
To minimise damage to the building, firefighters used a hard cover to stop the water entering the flat and diverted it from the building.
The crew managed to turn off the faulty sprinkler and left the scene just after 9am.
The extent of the damage to the flat is not known.
It is not thought that there is any damage to other flats in the building.