Work starts on Orbit's affordable homes at Marham Park
- Credit: Genesis
Work has started on building 63 affordable homes at the Marham Park site in Bury St Edmunds.
The Orbit Homes scheme, called Wellington Place, will be a mixture of shared ownership and social rent properties.
This is in addition to the 28 affordable homes currently under construction by Orbit in nearby Elmswell.
Ray Winney, construction director for Orbit Homes in the east region, said: “Our priority is to build thriving communities which also meet the housing needs of the local area.”
The properties are expected to be occupied from early 2022, with the project completed in summer 2023.
You may also want to watch:
Early reservations will be available from October this year and show home viewings will take place from January 2022. Social rent properties will be allocated via the local housing authority.
At Orbit’s Spring Grove development in Emswell works have started to deliver 60 new homes; 13 properties will be available through shared ownership, 15 are for affordable rent and 32 are available for open market sale.
- 1 Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- 2 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 3 Police hunt for man who failed to attend court
- 4 London man, 29, charged with drug offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls
- 6 Thieves steal mobility scooter from elderly man in his 90s
- 7 1 in 3 have now had both Covid vaccine doses in Suffolk
- 8 Bid for solar panels on extension of 500-year-old thatched cottage rejected
- 9 Heavy rain expected in Suffolk over the weekend
- 10 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
First occupation will also take place early 2022 with show homes launching in January 2022.
To register interest for any of these shared ownership or open market sale properties please email here.