18 homes set to be built adjacent to A14 in Creeting St Mary
- Credit: Google Earth
A developer is set to build 18 new homes near the A14 in Creeting St Mary, according to new plans.
J Breheny Contractors Ltd has submitted the proposals for the development on land in Flordon Road to Mid Suffolk District Council.
Several existing buildings on the half-acre site would be demolished to make way for the new builds.
The land is currently in use as a builders' yard.
Planning permission for another 52 homes adjacent to the land has already been granted to J Breheny Contractors.
You may also want to watch:
Documents submitted alongside the proposals said the scheme would not cause a signinficant impact on the road network in the village and surrounding area.
The documents added: "The site is within walking distance from the core of Needham Market and its associated schools, shops, GP surgeries, dentists and railway station.
- 1 County lines drug dealer jailed for six years
- 2 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 5 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Suffolk man jailed after threatening to kill partner during row
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 10 Glitzy red carpet event to help cinema with refurb
"The site is close to the A14, and provides good transport links and avoids new and additional traffic through the high street in Needham Market."