West Suffolk Hospital records first death of Covid patient in four months
- Credit: PA
West Suffolk Hospital has recorded its first coronavirus related death in several months.
According to NHS data, one person died at the hospital on July 11.
Previously, the hospital had not recorded any Covid related deaths since March 16.
The East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Ipswich and Colchester hospitals, has not recorded a coronavirus death since May 21.
Outside of hospitals no person had died in Suffolk within 28 days of a coronavirus test since June 2.
You may also want to watch:
West Suffolk Hospital has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Couple sentenced for Boxing Day melee in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Three teenagers arrested after suspected shoplifting in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Van driver throws drugs out of window before arrest
- 4 Met Office issues yellow weather warning for strong winds across Suffolk
- 5 Rise in the number of people admitted to Suffolk hospitals with Covid-19
- 6 Three arrested following vehicle theft and shop offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Talking points: Why the Witches simply must win tonight
- 8 West Suffolk Hospital chief to step down ahead of 'witch-hunt' report
- 9 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock