More than 50 coronavirus cases recorded in a day in Ipswich as case numbers keep rising
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
More than 50 cases of coronavirus were reported in Ipswich alone in just one day last week, the latest Government statistics have shown.
The statistics from Public Health England cover the seven days to December 9 and were compared against the data covering the seven days to December 2.
Ipswich continued to have the highest infection rate of 202.3 cases per 100,000 up from 125.6 the previous week.
The data showed that 55 cases were recorded in the district in just one day, December 9.
Every other district showed at least a slight increase in cases.
You may also want to watch:
Cases also rose across Essex, most notably in Braintree which saw cases rise from 97.6 cases per 100,000 to 268 cases per 100,000.
The district recorded 110 cases in one day on December 9.
- 1 Workspace for freelancers and ‘homeworkers’ opens in town centre
- 2 Cheers! Pubgoers brave the cold as outside hospitality returns
- 3 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 4 Air ambulance lands in Abbey Gardens after medical incident
- 5 Man jailed for endangering driver's life by damaging brake cable on van
- 6 10 empty premises hoped to be filled in Bury town centre
- 7 A14 driver allegedly speeding at 110mph is arrested
- 8 'Jealous' ex-boyfriend allegedly murdered mother-of-two, trial hears
- 9 Suffolk wealth management company is snapped up by investment giant
- 10 Decision made on homes plan off narrow village lane