'Fantastic' chance to bring community pub back to life
- Credit: Auction House East Anglia
A former west Suffolk pub with a long leasehold is set to go under the hammer at auction with a guide price of between £70,000 and £100,000.
The Suffolk Punch in Leiston Road, Haverhill, was a well-known community pub near the centre of the town.
Auction House East Anglia, which is marketing the property, said the pub presents a "fantastic opportunity to bring a community asset back to life".
On the ground floor of the pub is the bar, dining area, kitchen, toilets and terrace area.
On the lower ground floor, there are three bedrooms, a bathroom, cellar and storage rooms.
The auction at which the pub will be sold will take place on Wednesday, June 15.
The lease for the pub is for a term of 99 years and expires in 2067, with a ground rent payable and a restriction over its future use, as a community pub.
- 1 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
- 2 Person arrested as cannabis factory discovered at Bury St Edmunds home
- 3 Plans for new gym on Bury industrial estate given go-ahead
- 4 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 5 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 6 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 7 Teen ordered to sign sex offenders' register after police sting
- 8 Police appeal after woman in her 70s suffers internal injuries in crash
- 9 Large stone thrown through car window in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after crash in west Suffolk closes road
The pub is located towards the centre of Haverhill, in a predominantly residential location with local amenities nearby
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our East Anglian Daily Times newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.