Gallery: Be happy, it’s holiday time in Suffolk says photographer Andy Abbott
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk really does have it all in spring, writes photographer Andy Abbott.
From east to west there are activities and venues to satisfy every demand and experience – from daring enterprise to play, recreation and amusements.
With the two-week school break not yet over my family has already enjoyed the delights of Go Ape at High Lodge in Thetford Forest, Easter egg hunts and archery at Ickworth Park, canoeing at Thorpeness Mere and medieval activities at Framlingham Castle.
Holidays are really a time for family togetherness and children, and while I have enjoyed recent days out I also fondly remember decades of travelling the county capturing and documenting pictures for this newspaper of the goings-on and excitement at weekends and bank holidays.
Here are just a few timeless images but they sum up the high spirits of young people at local functions.
You may also want to watch:
Soon months of preparation will offer the South Suffolk, Hadleigh and Suffolk Shows, all the activities over the two May bank holidays and onwards to the summer holidays.
Spring is enjoyably upon us and we are now cantering through the year, when there will be no shortage of opportunities to entertain us all.
- 1 Workspace for freelancers and ‘homeworkers’ opens in town centre
- 2 Cheers! Pubgoers brave the cold as outside hospitality returns
- 3 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 4 Air ambulance lands in Abbey Gardens after medical incident
- 5 Man jailed for endangering driver's life by damaging brake cable on van
- 6 10 empty premises hoped to be filled in Bury town centre
- 7 'Jealous' ex-boyfriend allegedly murdered mother-of-two, trial hears
- 8 A14 driver allegedly speeding at 110mph is arrested
- 9 Suffolk wealth management company is snapped up by investment giant
- 10 Decision made on homes plan off narrow village lane
Here Andy shares his favourite spring time photos.