Suffolk apprentice joins prestigious hairdressing fellowship
- Credit: Joshua Easter
An apprentice hairdresser from Suffolk says he is ‘thrilled’ to have been chosen to join the Fellowship for British Hairdressers.
Joshua Easter, 19, from Wetheringsett, entered a competition run by the British Fellowship of Hairdressers held and had to make it through an audition process whereby contestants had to demonstrate their skills and discuss their future ambitions.
Seven candidates were then selected to join the 2022 Clubstar art team who will spend the next 12 months attending expert mentoring sessions, networking opportunities and educational workshops.
Josh, who is currently studying a level three hairdressing apprenticeship at West Suffolk College and works at VAE in Diss, said: “I’m thrilled to become part of this illustrious group.
"I’m sure it will broaden my professional horizons in terms of my industry experiences and create lots of opportunities.
“The college and VAE have been incredible,” he added.
Marnie Randall, Head of Academy of Hair and Beauty Studies at West Suffolk College: “Josh is passionate, curious and driven to be a big success.
- 1 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 2 Hospital fined for how it treated the family of a woman who died during childbirth
- 3 Bag of grass seed sells for £1,000 at auction
- 4 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 5 A14 roundabout set to fully reopen at end of week after flooding
- 6 Jools Holland, Halloween and Queen: 7 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Investigation into cause of sugar factory fire launched
- 9 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
“He has been a fabulous student and we are extremely proud of all his achievements.”