Ed Sheeran’s ‘A-team’ take on Norwich fans The Darkness
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk superstar has taken to Instagram to share a picture of a derby grudge match where he is wearing a full Ipswich Town kit.
Sheeran, who was spotted supporting the Blues at Portman Road on Tuesday night, has taken part in a football match against the Darkness who donned their Norwich City kits for the occasion.
Posting from his Instagram account teddysphotos, he said: "Local derby with the @theactualdarkness."
The picture shows an Ipswich team and a Norwich Team with both Sheeran and The Darkness front man Justin Hawkins looking menacingly at the camera.
It seems that rockers from Lowestoft won the match, with The Darkness reposting the picture later in the day saying: "7-5 to The Darkness!(Norwich)."
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear where the match took place but it seems to have been somewhere in Suffolk as The Darkness added to their post: "#Suffolk #Hometurf."
Let's hope both the teams stayed hydrated ahead of the final Ipswich concert tonight - The Darkness have supported Ed at each night of his homecoming gigs.
- 1 Workspace for freelancers and ‘homeworkers’ opens in town centre
- 2 Cheers! Pubgoers brave the cold as outside hospitality returns
- 3 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 4 Air ambulance lands in Abbey Gardens after medical incident
- 5 Man jailed for endangering driver's life by damaging brake cable on van
- 6 10 empty premises hoped to be filled in Bury town centre
- 7 A14 driver allegedly speeding at 110mph is arrested
- 8 'Jealous' ex-boyfriend allegedly murdered mother-of-two, trial hears
- 9 Suffolk wealth management company is snapped up by investment giant
- 10 Decision made on homes plan off narrow village lane
So far Sheeran has donned his special Divide Ipswich town kit for the encore of his much acclaimed concerts in Chantry Park - to the delight of Ipswich Town supporters who have been heard chanting "Blue Army."
The Darkness are said to be massive Norwich City Fans but have not yet been brave enough to don their Norwich City shirts on stage at Chantry Park.
Maybe they will feel slightly braver after their victory against Ed's Ipswich A-Team.