Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- Credit: Tom Potter
A 65-year-old cyclist who died after a crash in Bury St Edmunds last week has been named by police.
The man has been identified as Stephen Lawrence, from Risby, subject to confirmation at formal inquest proceedings.
Police were called at 6pm on Monday, April 12 to reports of a crash involving a bicycle and a blue Nissan Qashqai in Newmarket Road.
Paramedics and the air ambulance were also called to the incident, but the cyclist died at the scene.
The road remained completely blocked until 8.15pm, while a collision investigation took place.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward along with anyone driving in the area just prior to the incident that has a dashcam in their vehicle.
Anyone who has any information is being asked to contact the serious collision investigation unit, quoting reference 18229/21.
- 1 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 2 Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- 3 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 4 London man, 29, charged with drug offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Police hunt for man who failed to attend court
- 6 Thieves steal mobility scooter from elderly man in his 90s
- 7 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls
- 8 1 in 3 have now had both Covid vaccine doses in Suffolk
- 9 Heavy rain expected in Suffolk over the weekend
- 10 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend