'Trail of blood' through Mildenhall being investigated by police
- Credit: Google Street View
A trail of blood which includes some at a cashpoint at Sainsbury's is being investigated by police in Mildenhall.
Officers were called to Mildenhall at 8.30am on Sunday, June 6, after receiving reports of blood being found on a cash machine at the Sainsbury's store in Recreation Way.
Further drops of blood were then found at the supermarket car park, outside the Mildenhall Social Club and along Brick Kiln Road.
Enquiries have been underway to establish what happened, although police are yet to have received a complaint from the victim of a crime, nor information from any local medical services of anyone sustaining a significant injury.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said they may have now identified the injured person, with efforts being made to speak to them.
It is understood the person's injury is not serious.
Those with information are asked to contact the Neighbourhood Response Team at Mildenhall Police Station on 101, quoting reference CAD 87 of June 6.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Public services hub and leisure centre, costing up to £132m, to happen in phases
- 3 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 4 Man found guilty of importing child-like sex doll from Hong Kong
- 5 8 things to do in Suffolk this weekend despite the weather
- 6 Teenager arrested in connection with Bury St Edmunds stabbing
- 7 Heart-warming donation left in memory of baby boy Noah
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 Drop In charity reveal six guests have died since lockdown started