Teenager in hospital after late-night stabbing near Newmarket town centre
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in hospital after being stabbed near Newmarket town centre in the early hours of Friday.
Officers received reports of a man in his late teens being stabbed in Mill Hill shortly before 3.05am, Suffolk police said.
Mill Hill is a primarily residential street leading into the centre of Newmarket.
The East of England Ambulance Service attended the incident and the victim was taken to hospital for treatment.
He is described as being in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made at this stage and police have launched an investigation into the incident.
However, officers believe the parties involved are known to each other.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Public services hub and leisure centre, costing up to £132m, to happen in phases
- 3 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 4 Man found guilty of importing child-like sex doll from Hong Kong
- 5 8 things to do in Suffolk this weekend despite the weather
- 6 Teenager arrested in connection with Bury St Edmunds stabbing
- 7 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Heart-warming donation left in memory of baby boy Noah
- 9 Drop In charity reveal six guests have died since lockdown started
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity, or who has knowledge of the incident, should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/29365/21.