Man charged with number of offences after stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with a number of offences following an incident at a house in Bury St Edmunds at the beginning of the month.
Police were called to a property in Out Westgate at around 8.10pm on Sunday, October 3 to reports a man in his 40s was assaulting a man in his 60s inside.
A woman, who was also at the property, is then alleged to have assaulted the man in his 40s.
When police arrived on the scene, they found a man had sustained a number of stab wounds to his legs.
A 56-year-old woman was subsequently arrested on suspicion of assault, causing grievous bodily harm and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
She has now been released on bail until October 25 pending further enquiries.
One man was arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm and was taken to hospital for treatment.
Jason Midgley, 47, of Out Westgate in the town, was charged on October 8 with two counts of criminal damage, one count of assault, one count of threats to kill and attempted GBH.
- 1 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 2 Hospital fined for how it treated the family of a woman who died during childbirth
- 3 Bag of grass seed sells for £1,000 at auction
- 4 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 5 A14 roundabout set to fully reopen at end of week after flooding
- 6 Jools Holland, Halloween and Queen: 7 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Investigation into cause of sugar factory fire launched
- 9 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
He appeared before Norwich Magistrates' Court on October 9 and will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on November 8.
Midgley was remanded in custody.