Drink driver who assaulted three police officers banned from the roads
- Credit: ARCHANT
A 21-year-old drink driver who was driving while more than double the limit has been banned from the roads.
Klaudia Piricova, 21, of High Street, Mildenhall, was banned from driving for nearly two years after being caught driving while more than twice the drink-drive limit in the Suffolk town.
Police were called at about 11.10pm on Wednesday, April 13 following reports of a suspected drink driver travelling along the A1101 Kingsway.
Officers quickly attended and located a silver Volkswagen Golf, which matched the description of the suspected vehicle, parked on the side of the road with its hazards on.
The female driver assaulted two police officers before failing the initial roadside breath test.
She was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning where she assaulted a third officer before failing a further breath test, providing a sample of 89 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath (the legal limit is 35mg in 100ml).
She was subsequently charged with three counts of assault on an emergency worker and one count of driving with excess alcohol.
- 1 Nine new homes set to be built on former employment site
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 4 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 5 How much do you know about Suffolk? Take our big quiz to find out
- 6 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 7 Road partially blocked after crash between lorry and car
- 8 Jury retires in Bury 'vigilante' murder trial
- 9 School serving area with hundreds of new homes set to expand
- 10 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
Piricova appeared at Ipswich Magistrates Court on Tuesday 10 May where she pleaded guilty to the offences and was given a 12-month community order and a 15-day rehabilitation activity requirement.
She was also disqualified from driving for 22 months and ordered to pay costs totalling £1,190.
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.