Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- Credit: IAN BURT
A suspected drug dealer was arrested on his 18th birthday in Bury St Edmunds after allegedly being found in possession of class A drugs.
Officers patrolling in Tollgate Lane at around 6pm on Wednesday spotted a man acting suspiciously before fleeing from police on foot.
An officer then saw the man allegedly throw an object into a nearby bush, which was subsequently found to be three large wraps of class A drugs.
The man was then arrested by police on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning, where he remains.
St Edmundsbury police then revealed on Twitter that it was the man's 18th birthday.
Police said in a tweet: "Certainly a birthday he will never forget."
- 1 Public services hub and leisure centre, costing up to £132m, to happen in phases
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Man found guilty of importing child-like sex doll from Hong Kong
- 4 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 5 8 things to do in Suffolk this weekend despite the weather
- 6 Teenager arrested in connection with Bury St Edmunds stabbing
- 7 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Heart-warming donation left in memory of baby boy Noah
- 9 Lloyds announces closure of Suffolk branch leaving town with just one bank
- 10 Drop In charity reveal six guests have died since lockdown started