Badwell Ash man caught with hundreds of indecent images of children
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A Suffolk man was caught with hundreds of indecent images of children after police executed a warrant at his home, magistrates heard.
Adam Buxton, 25, of The Street, Badwell Ash, near Bury St Edmunds, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to three counts of making indecent images of children between April 4, 2015, and October 4, 2019.
David Bryant, prosecuting, told the court that a referral was made to police by an internet provider after the user of an email address uploaded six category C images of children.
The IP address was traced to Buxton and in March 2020, officers executed a warrant at his home.
Mr Bryant told magistrates that 487 indecent images of the most serious kind - category A - were discovered as well as 33 category A videos.
A number of category B and category C images were also found, Mr Bryant added.
Magistrates declined jurisdiction and committed the case to the crown court for sentence.
- 1 Driver fails to stop at crash as cyclist left with broken elbow in Bury
- 2 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 New project will provide thousands of homes across Suffolk
- 5 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 6 Woman highlights 'price tag' of cancer diagnosis
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 'Hold his hands up and apologise' — Suffolk MPs on Christmas party video
- 9 Husband and wife brewing team 'amazed' to win their first beer award
- 10 Man who downloaded indecent child images breached suspended jail sentence
A pre-sentence report was also ordered for Buxton, who had no previous convictions.
Buxton was granted unconditional bail and will appear for sentence at Ipswich Crown Court on a date to be fixed.