Man charged after allegedly assaulting two police officers
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A 28-year-old man has been charged with an alleged assault on two police officers in Bury St Edmunds.
Ayden Devine, of no fixed address, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital as a precaution by police on Tuesday, April 6.
He had been arrested in relation to a separate incident in Bury St Edmunds town centre.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said on Wednesday: "Whilst in hospital, Devine allegedly assaulted the police officers and was further arrested.
"He was then taken to Bury St Edmunds Investigation Centre for questioning, where he was subsequently charged with two counts of assault on an emergency worker.
"Devine has been remanded in custody and is due to appear in court tomorrow (Thursday, April 8)."
Devine has been bailed in connection with the separate incident that occurred in the town centre.
- 1 Workspace for freelancers and ‘homeworkers’ opens in town centre
- 2 Cheers! Pubgoers brave the cold as outside hospitality returns
- 3 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 4 Air ambulance lands in Abbey Gardens after medical incident
- 5 Man jailed for endangering driver's life by damaging brake cable on van
- 6 10 empty premises hoped to be filled in Bury town centre
- 7 'Jealous' ex-boyfriend allegedly murdered mother-of-two, trial hears
- 8 Suffolk wealth management company is snapped up by investment giant
- 9 A14 driver allegedly speeding at 110mph is arrested
- 10 Decision made on homes plan off narrow village lane