Can you get a top score in our big Suffolk quiz of 2019?
- Credit: Archant
How much do you remember about Suffolk’s big news stories during the past year? Try our big news quiz of 2019!
As the year finishes, it's time to look back on a year full of events.
There have been some real weather extremes over the past 12 months, ranging from the heatwave in July, when at times Suffolk was the hottest place in the country, to the recent heavy rainfall and flooding.
One of the undoubted highlights was the four amazing concerts by Ed Sheeran in Chantry Park in August, with around 120,000 fans watching the performances.
There were also many other top entertainments in the county over the year, from the Suffolk Show to Latitude, where Liam Gallagher performed a secret set.
You may also want to watch:
We have continued to see a lot of changes in the high street, with closures including Riley & Riley and Ohh Deer in Ipswich. But there have also been new openings, such as the new Superdry store in the Buttermarket shopping centre,
A number of new restaurants and cafes have also opened their doors. The growth in demand for vegan food saw Hullabaloo move to a new home in Ipswich town centre, while Hank's Deli also opened the town's first 100% vegan deli and shop.
- 1 Construction starts on project to build 330 homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 3 Cyclist, 65, who died in Bury crash is named by police
- 4 Joy for first-time buyers as 5% deposit mortgages return
- 5 Suffolk chain carries out improvement works as lockdown stalls anniversary celebrations
- 6 'Get down and have a drink' - Suffolk pub landlady wants support to continue
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 9 WATCH: Drone footage of crane towering above Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Air ambulance lands in Abbey Gardens after medical incident
In the world of sport, there was heartbreak when Ipswich Town was relegated at the end of the 2018-19 season - but things have been going a lot better this season in League One, despite some recent losses. The club has also seen some new signings, including James Norwood and Tomas Holy.
Take our quiz to see how well you have followed the news this year - can you get 20/20? We have covered a wide range of topics. Share your score in the comments or on social media.