Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Longcroft Cat Hotel Bury st Edmunds
A luxury cat hotel with climate controlled bedrooms has opened near Bury St Edmunds.
The five star cat resort is run by Lady Lorna Bellhaven 15 minutes from the Suffolk town, on her eight acre estate.
The hotel offers eight suites, each with a climate controlled bedroom, a private, safe garden area, and a multi story viewing platform.
The hotel opened on Saturday 4 September. During the celebration Lady Bellhaven donated a cat hamper to the charity Cats Protection.
The Suffolk site is the 25th to open under the Longcroft brand — which calls itself the "UK's only luxury hotel group for cats".
You may also want to watch:
The brand started in 2010 when Abi Purser opened the first hotel in Welwyn Garden city.
Lady Bellhaven said: "I’m very proud of the facilities we have here and I just love cats and spending time with them and their owners."
- 1 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 2 Corrie McKeague: Dad speaks of 'horrendous' past five years
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Go-ahead for all-weather pitch and classrooms at village school
- 6 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 7 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 8 Motorcyclist in stable condition after serious leg injury in crash
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
"It’s wonderful to have so much support from the local community as we embark on this exciting new chapter."