11 parks across Suffolk win Green Flag award
- Credit: East Suffolk Council
A number of Suffolk parks and nature reserves have been awarded a Green Flag award.
Alton Water, the Abbey Gardens and Felixstowe Seafront Gardens are among the 11 parks and green spaces in Suffolk to have been recognised by the awards.
The awards which is run by the environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy unveiled the 2,127 winning parks across the UK with 11 of those being in Suffolk.
The Green Flag Awards have been running since 1996, and recognise the "hard work of managers, staff and volunteers" who manage green spaces.
The 11 parks awarded the Green Flag award are:
You may also want to watch:
- Bourne Park
- Christchurch Park
- Felixstowe Seafront Gardens
- Alton Water
- Holywells Park
- Aspal Close
- Brandon Country Park
- East Town Park
- Nowton Park
- Abbey Gardens
- West Stow Country Park and Anglo Saxon Village
- 1 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 2 Hospital fined for how it treated the family of a woman who died during childbirth
- 3 Bag of grass seed sells for £1,000 at auction
- 4 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 5 Jools Holland, Halloween and Queen: 7 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 6 A14 roundabout set to fully reopen at end of week after flooding
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Investigation into cause of sugar factory fire launched
- 9 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children